Wednesday, December 23, 2009

I want to add texture to my walls. Is texture paint better to use than joint compound?

The wall are uneven and show alot of marks so giving them some texture should hide alot of the flaws.I want to add texture to my walls. Is texture paint better to use than joint compound?
the textured paint has like this sand stuff in it. the wall compound can give it more of a stucco look or an ';olde world look'; if you will. the textured paint just adds a little bit of texture to the paint and you can add this glittery stuff to it to give the walls a little sparkle. hope that helps.I want to add texture to my walls. Is texture paint better to use than joint compound?
I would buy a 5 gallon tub of joint compound.





It is a lot cheaper than paint, and you can paint on top of it too.
I don't think one is better than the other, just different. Here is a link to Lowe's with 10 suggestions to add texture to walls.





http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=ho鈥?/a>
It really depends on the look you are going for. Textured paint offers only a bit of texture to the walls while joint compound can be a bit more dimensional. I personally feel that the textured look from joint compound is more in keeping with Spanish, French Country, South Western or Mediterranean decorating.

No comments:

Post a Comment