Sunday, December 27, 2009

How to change the texture of Cookies?

I made white chunk macadamia cookies looking at two recipes. One called for 2 eggs and the other just 1 egg. I used two. While the cookies tasted fine, but they were ';cake-like'; and I am assuming it was caused by the extra egg. I prefer a flat gooeyer cookie. I only made a few cookies to taste, then I froze the dough. At this point is there anything I can do to change the texture before I bake the whole batch?How to change the texture of Cookies?
You have already changed the texture by freezing the dough. The question is HOW has the texture changed.





You really can't add anything to the dough at this point, but you can try forming the cookies when the dough is barely thawed. The ice crystals will add some moisture and might change the texture in the direction you are looking for.How to change the texture of Cookies?
put your cookie sheet in your pre-heated oven first, then take it out when it is hot %26amp; drop your cookie dough onto the hot cookie sheet. bake at the same temp, take out about a minute or two earlier. just keep a close eye on the cookies while they are baking so you don't burn them. but, the cookies will flatten out when you bake them on a hot cookie sheet, so that's how you will eliminate the cake-like texture. (this is for drop method, for rolled method you would roll smaller balls or flatten slightly before baking, also using a hot cookie sheet) good luck.
If you already baked them I'm so sorry but it's to late. But if you haven't baked them yet.. then it's all about time and tempurture. Good Luck!
yep...that extra egg did it


maybe since your froze them the texture wont be so cake like on your next batch

No comments:

Post a Comment