Sunday, December 27, 2009

Can I freeze navy bean soup without ruining the texture?

I made a soup with navy beans, ham, carrots, onions, and celery (yummy!) but the recipe made too much. If I freeze it, will it get yucky and mushy? Do you have any tips for successful reheating?Can I freeze navy bean soup without ruining the texture?
Yep! Beans freeze very well. As for reheating, I would just defrost overnight in the refrigerator. I find microwaving is just so uneven. But yes, your bean soup should be just fine. Just don't leave it longer than 3 months, freezer burn can be nasty!Can I freeze navy bean soup without ruining the texture?
thank you so much for the useful advice.Denise Report Abuse

It should freeze well as long as there are no potatoes or pasta in it. The freezing won't harm the texture but reheating it for too long could. Let it thaw completely, then heat it just until it's hot.





Best of luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment