Wednesday, December 23, 2009

How do you get that bumpy texture on your walls?

I am painting a room in my house that has a lot of flaws and want to put bumpy texture on it. How can I do this myself, without hiring anyone?How do you get that bumpy texture on your walls?
That's called an ';orange peel'; and, you have to be an almost professional to get that effect.





You can learn but, your not going to get it with one trial and effect and then forget it. You'll need the tools the material, the whole shooting match.


Why don't you hire someone to do it and have them show you what you need and how to...?How do you get that bumpy texture on your walls?
it's called orange peel, you spray it on





http://www.azpartsmaster.com/shopazp/Hom鈥?/a>
They actually sell a paint that is rough when it dries. Give the illusion of a professional texturing. DO NOT USE SPACKLE!!! for one is your take FOREVER and two you have to paint over it when your done anyway because spackle is just a type of putty and it dries kind of a yellowish color in most brands. Not very good looking for wall color...lol
I actually bought a big bucket of joint compound and put it on myself. I started with a large napped roller, but found it so much easier to put it on with my hands ( I'm a hands on kind of person), then I took a large trowel after it dried (24-48hrs) and scraped the sharp edges off. Looks great if I do say so myself.
Go buy spackle at the Home Depot or Lowe's.
USE RALPH LAUREN STONE PAINT. HOME DEPOT.
That is called texturing.. and your thinking is GREAT in view that you have flaws in the wall. texturing does great in covering that up.. How to do it? Well.. if you have never done it.. it is just not possible for me to explain in writing... It would be best to hire a painter who knows how to texture walls.. You can get a brocade....an orange peel.. or another one that I like best is just the plain old ';blade cut'; texturing
you would do much better to fix/patch the flaws rather than trying to texture your walls sorry but that isn't a diy project leave that to a professional believe me you wouldn't be able to get the texture even and consistent and I'm sure you want it to look good Ive been in the painting business for 30 years
Buy a can of texture spray from home depot. It comes in light, medium and heavy.
Hit your walls with a hammer
You can buy whats called a ';pop corn'; blower from any paint/hardware store and spray away!
Depending on how ';bumpy'; you want your wall will depend on the roller you want to paint with. The thicker the ';nap'; the bumpier the wall. 9/16'; 1/4'; 1/2'; etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment