Friday, January 8, 2010

How do you fix the papery texture of drywall?

I just tore up some wallpaper in my bathroom. Unfortunately I also tore up the first paper layer of the drywall as well. Now I am left with this very rough papery texture similar to ripped cardboard. I have used joint compound on some areas but don't want to use it on the entire wall. Is there anything I can use to smooth out the texture of the wall?How do you fix the papery texture of drywall?
I had the same problem on a ceiling. Here's what i did. In some areas i used joint compound to smooth the areas as best i could. Then i painted the entire area with the desired latex paint. After letting it dry thoroughly, the paper fiber edges were fairly stiff. These were sandable using a fine grit sandpaper. Sand carefully so you don't rip up new areas. The result was a very smooth surface that could then be repainted.How do you fix the papery texture of drywall?
well there isn't to much u can do if u really tore the paper down to the sheetrock but skim coat the walls with drywall compound . there are many types of compound what u need is a fast dry light wt. easy sanding compound . you will get a better finish with a couple of coats of compound.my first choice is always USG LIGHTWEIGHT COMPOUND .drys fast easy to sand its usually less than 15.00 at home depot. comes in 5 gal. bucket worth the money .
joint compound,
try some Tex Tape


http://www.stepsavers.com/main/

No comments:

Post a Comment