Friday, January 8, 2010

Does adding sour cream make a cheesecake texture fluffier?

I've never added sour cream into my cheesecakes before; usually, i just whip the egg whites to make the cheesecake less dense. However, they are still denser as compared to the store bought ones. Is sour cream the reason? what can i do to make my cheesecake texture fluffier, while not compromising the taste? Thanks!Does adding sour cream make a cheesecake texture fluffier?
I personally am not familiar with putting sour cream in cheese cake, or that it would make it fluffier, but I can tell you that the products you buy at the stores/bakeries ingredients are not the same as what we use at home, the industrial ingredients used in commercial products are not the same....they use texturizers, different sugars and flours not available to the public, thus different textures and or flavors, there are sour cream cheese cake recipes on line....I would suggest to you to keep trying different cheese cake recipes until you find the one that gives you the desired texture and flavor....Does adding sour cream make a cheesecake texture fluffier?
whenever sour cream is added to anything it is always used to make whatever it being added to thicker
yes it does. it makes it lighter and have a weightless taste to it. i always add it
The sour cream is going to make it creamier. The ones that are bought at the store have all sorts of ingredients and chemicals that you just don't have access to at home. I usually whip all the ingredients in my Kitchen Aid mixer on a high setting (just high enough so that it doesn't splatter my kitchen) and incorporate as much air into it as possible. Then carefully pour it into your pan and don't shake it or bang the pan so that you keep all the air in it. You could also try adding a bit of baking powder (a teaspoon). Baking powder has a chemical reaction with water and creates little pockets of air. It's what makes your cookies and cakes rise.
yeah but dont over do it is like cream cheese
I own a bakery, and many of my cheesecakes do have sour cream in them and are fluffier and less dense because of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment