Friday, January 8, 2010

How do I get the texture on my new drywall?

I have enclosed my garage and made two bedrooms out of it. I have hung my drywall, mud and taped. I am getting ready to sand. I will paint but I want my new walls to match my other walls in my house that are painted and textured? I dont know how to texture or how it is done.How do I get the texture on my new drywall?
orange peel is a straight spray-on (looks like bubbles) knockdown is spray on then ';knock it down'; with a plastic knife, either way, you can buy it in a can, or buy a texture sprayer and do it yourself





if you want to see examples of each to find out which your extisting texture is, go to a drywall finishing company and they can show youHow do I get the texture on my new drywall?
You could do Venetian Plaster. Here is a video on the technique. You can also get instructions at Home Depot since Behr makes the product.





http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv/dc_faux_texturi鈥?/a>





http://www.behr.com/behrx/expert/activit鈥?/a>
Browse thru a book at the home store..some texture is sprayed, %26amp; some applied with a paint roller..It may be a little difficult to match the old texture exactly.
Put on primer first.


Mix sand texture with water until it is same consistency as paint. Apply with fat knobby paint roller. Will splatter but it washes off hands, etc.. easily. Don't try to fully coat wall to make it same color; just want same spacing of 'bumps'.


Just put on a 'quick' coat. When dry, paint - - the paint coating is what makes the walls all same color.

No comments:

Post a Comment